Rapid Transformational Therapy for Eating Disorders
An eating disorder is where you use the control of food to cope with feelings inside and other situations you may be experiencing in your life. Unhealthy eating behaviours may include eating too much, worrying about your weight and body shape.
Types of Eating Disorders include – Anorexia, Bulimia, Binge Eating.
Symptoms of eating disorders:
- Spending a lot of time worrying about your weight and body shape.
- Avoiding mealtimes and socialising when you think food will be involved.
- Eating very little food, and even going full days without eating at all.
- Making yourself sick or taking laxatives after you eat.
- Exercising too much.
- Having very strict habits or routines around food.
- Changes in your mood such as being withdrawn, feeling anxious and overwhelmed, depressed and emotional.
You may also notice physical signs, including:
- Feeling cold, tired, lethargic and dizzy.
- Aches, pains, tingling or numbness in your arms and legs (poor circulation)
- Feeling your heart racing, sweating, fainting or feeling faint.
- Problems with your digestion, such as bloating, constipation or diarrhoea.
- Irregular periods, missed periods or other delayed signs of puberty are serious Warning signs of an eating disorder.
Warning signs to look out for include:
- Dramatic weight loss
- Hiding food, and lying about how much they eat and when they eat.
- Eating a lot of food very fast and going to the bathroom a lot after eating.
- Excessive and obsessive exercising.
- Avoiding eating with others, in public.
- Cutting food into small pieces, eating very slowly, moving food around the plate to make it look like you have eaten some.
- Disguising your body size and shape, wearing loose or baggy clothes.
Helping you heal what lies beneath the surface so you can live the life you truly deserve. The journey back to you starts here.